On Wednesday, Prime Minister Modi tweeted a message of appreciation for all the front line workers in the fight against the COVID. He said that all of us should take pledges to make this world a better place to live in. It is our moral responsibility as the citizens of this planet Earth to make it clearer, healthier and more prosperous.
He also expressed a sense of gratitude for mother earth for all the care and compassion she has bestowed upon us.
Each year, on the 22nd of April, Earth Day is celebrated all around the world. This is to raise awareness about the various negative impacts that we humankind have caused on our environment. It started in 1970 and has been celebrated henceforth with increasing participation.
Now, with the coronavirus pandemic looming over our heads, we should be more than aware of our actions and the implications they have on the environment. Amidst this lockdown, we all should take some time out to reflect upon our thoughts and pledge for a better tomorrow.
And with this motive the Prime Minister, by his tweet encouraged all of us to take care of mother earth. The tweet read as follows, “On International Day of Mother Earth, we all express gratitude to our planet for the abundance of care & compassion. Let us pledge to work towards a cleaner, healthier & more prosperous planet. A shout out to all those working at the forefront to defeat COVID-19. #EarthDay2020”
- Sanjay Dutt’s PET report extremely encouraging. Cured of stage 4 cancer
- Significant n enriching interaction between India and Armenia held today
- 16 feet long Python weighing more than 91 kg, rescued in Uttarakhand by the forest department
- Cirkus movie 2021 | Rohit Shetty and Ranveer Singh duo
- Case registered against Harish Rawat n two Congress MLAs for violating anti Covid guidelines